Bring home the magic of camp with Mission-T Summer Training Program
The IHS Summer Training Program implemented by TechQuest STEM Academy is intended for students and Teachers. This strategic initiative would support efforts to help navigate the current and post-COVID 19 pandemic. It is also consistent with the goal of the Mission-T initiative, to increase participation in STEM careers and activities.
Start learning today, from anywhere in the world.
In this program, participants would learn the mechanics of building mobile apps with App Inventor.
By the end of the program, participants would learn how to:
- Build several small apps that demonstrate the integration of components in the Designer window and their blocks in the Blocks editor.
- Build a more complex working with Media (Audio and Video), Canvas components on App Inventor.
This program will explore the creativity of participants using digital technologies. It will also provide the participants with technical skills that are needed in this very digital and technological period.
Web development curriculum will include:
- Creation of webpages using HTML tags; tables, list etc.
- Create a navigation menu for their portfolio website using lists.
- HTML and Formatting HTML text using CSS.
This program will introduce participants to python programming.
The python programming curriculum will include:
- Understanding what python is.
- Introduction to IDEs and the Jupyter notebook.
- Python Variables, dataset & functions.
- Highlights of the program
- 12 sessions
- 8 projects
- Certificate of Completion
- 1 capstone project - Towards the end of the program, each participant would build an individual application to solve a real-life project to help during this COVID 19 prevailing pandemic.
Dates and Deadlines