Google CSFirst 2019
The 2019 Google CSFirst program(https://g.co/csfirst) is a fully online Google program created by educators and computer scientists that introduces coding and computer science to students in a collaborative and creative club environment.
The program was introduced 2045 Junior secondary school students to programming with Scratch, Google’s Online Safety curriculum, and basic internet use.
1. Increase confidence when using computers
2. Instill courage to try new things
3. Grow perseverance when tackling difficult problems
4. Provide a sense of belonging in technology for underrepresented students, especially girls.
5. Demonstrate the impact that CS has in careers and communities.
The program was implemented in 66 low-cost schools in 5 states (Lagos, Ogun, FCT and Enugu states.)