We are Hiring a Communications Officer
We are looking to hire a dedicated communications officer to join our team. The communications officer will support our internal and external communications strategy, write create and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate promotional events.
To succeed as a communications officer, you should be able to think creatively, design communication materials and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. A bachelor’s degree with experience as a communications officer or equivalent experience in a similar role is strongly desired.
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
- Write, create, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, speeches, social media content, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products and/or services.
- Communicate with the communities across all our platforms and respond to all inquiries about the organization.
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Manage communications to all our stakeholders and communities
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists and maintain a media database.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Develop, write and edit marketing and communications materials, including press releases, blog posts and social media content
- Promote communications and marketing materials through appropriate social channels
- Track analytics and create reports detailing successes and failures of communications campaigns
- Maintain digital media archives including photos and videos
- Develop escalation protocols for managing communication crises, should they arise
Qualifications for Communications Officer
- 2+ years prior experience in a communications or marketing role
- Understand the best practices of main social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc
- Must possess exceptional writing skills and be able to compose engaging and accurate content
- Strong communicator who works well independently and with a team
- Superior time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Understanding of communications, public relations and marketing best practices
- Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication efforts
- Must be resourceful and take initiative even when given minimal direction